Pages

Welcome to my humble little kitchen...
I really do enjoy cooking. Just love reading recipes books am always on the look out for interesting recipe books. Pages and pages full of brightly coloured pictures of tempting dishes whether they be old favourites from my child hood or new and exciting ones yet to try!!!!
Learning spices and techniques does take time and I must admit often does not turn out but practice, practice and a little experimenting goes a long way in learning to perfect dishes and tastes..
Follow me on our journey to discover new flavours and old ones to and to enjoy and EAT the outcome!!!







Tuesday 7 February 2012

Sundried Tomato and Onion Pachadi

SUNDRIED TOMATO AND ONION PACHADI

A jar of semi sundried tomatos had been sitting in my fridge just asking to be used in an inventive and new way. Sundried tomato and onion pachadi was what came about and much to my hubby surprise tasted quite delicious. I served this with white rice but as it tasted just great would go really well with dosa or idlis.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Semi dried tomatos ( I used about a third of a jar which was about 25 pieces) -  finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
6 dried red chillies (adjust to taste)
1  to 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste
salt to taste
1 tsp of oil
water to adjust consistency during grinding.

WHAT YOU DO:
1. Heat small pan and add the oil.
2. Once warm and the onion and fry for a couple of mins.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste followed by the dried red chilis  and fry for a few more mins.
4. Add the sun dried tomatos and fry till raw smell has gone.
5. Add salt to taste and allow to cool.
6. Grind to desired consistency by adding required water.
7. Serve......